Note: I’m tagging my fellow reviewers Emily and JenMcJ to spread this meme forth into the world.
"1. Answer all the questions and give the link to Kris so she can mosey on over and see if you answered correctly and have a sticky beak. [Have a sticky beak? That’s what it says …must be some Australian expression, ha, ha!]
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)"
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
For as long as I’ve been reading. I focused more exclusively on m/m romance for a few years now.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
The Dreyfus Affair: A Love Story by Peter Lefcourt
3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader?
Online, sure. My family and friends know I read a lot but rarely ask specifics.
4. Ebooks, print or both?
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
Both, but I tend to buy from 3rd party sellers the most. One stop shopping is fabulous.
6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
Depends. I usually buy 5-6 every other week at Borders and about that amount for ebooks.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
Mostly a cover buyer. If it has a pretty cover that draws me in. Sometimes I’ll skim the blurb to see what it’s about and if the themes are generally those I like I’ll get it. I rarely, if ever, read excerpts.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
I do. I rarely remember specifics but I get a general feel if a book is liked or disliked. If it’s generally disliked I rarely bother with the book.
9. Who’s your fave publisher?
Ugh. I like Loose Id covers but Dreamspinner puts out some great ones every once in a while and Lethe Press has a fabulous selection. Rebel Satori of late has caught my eye. I can’t pick one.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
Bitch. It’s more like a top 10 but Kirby Crow and Tere Michaels.
(But really how do you choose between the likes of Elle Parker, NL Gassert, Jordan Castillo Price, M Jules Aedin, ZA Maxfield, EN Holland, Jaye Valentine, Reno MacLeod, GS Wiley – really the list goes on.)
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
Were-shifters I’m pretty much over. And I LOVE urban fantasy genre.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks.
Any length, it’s what they do with it.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
I’m with Val on this one – when writers pump out story after story for empty filler smut. I’d wait a year or more for a meaty, stunning story from an author than 3 empty fluff pieces.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when…
you forget to clean up with the white handtowels in the nightstand.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
The ex-wife turned best friends now that he’s gay.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
Dean from Supernatural, Konnor from StarCrossed, and Lucifer… it’d be hot.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
There are a couple on the horizon – most notably Ruth Sims’ new book.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
So many good books this year but choosing just one – Look Away Silence by Edward C. Patterson. I haven’t cried over a book like that in a while.
19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
Everyone’s saying steampunk and that’s an easy answer. I think we’ll see a ton of twincest. It’s the new black 😀
20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
Please. Readers love a flawed, fallen hero even more than they love a rimming scene. Will. Never. Happen.